So... this is a bit of an odd one, isn’t it? My challenge was to use Old Olive (hurrah!), Certainly Celery, Basic Black with the option of Whisper White or Very Vanilla. I decided to use a window sheet from the fabulous Night & Day Designer Series Paper Pack. You get two 12x12 spotty window sheets, which is rather exciting.
Merrily creating, I was stopped in my track when I noticed I had got some adhesive on the window sheet. But undaunted, I grabbed my StazOn® remover, which was sure to shift it. It did of course... but it also removed the spots! Never mind, I thought, I will have a half spotty, half plain front... until I managed to get some stray StazOn® remover on the so-called spotty side. So I ploughed on and made this card with a spotty strip down the front. No mistakes in rubber stamping, remember!
The important thing when using Window Sheets, or acetate of any kind, is that you don’t want any adhesives to show, so only apply it where you are going to cover it up on the other side, too. So the Certainly Celery scalloped strip is stuck on the front, with a slightly larger Basic Black scalloped strip on the inside, to sandwich the window sheet and hide the glue.
The flower embellishment is a tiny version of the one made with the Scallop Circle Punch – only this time I used the Boho Blossoms punch and only three layers of cardstock. Cute!
Stamps: Simply Said
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Basic Black, Whisper White
Paper: Window Sheet from Night & Day DSP
Ink: Basic Black, Certainly Celery (to colour flowers)
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Scallop Square Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, black brad, wide striped Grosgrain Ribbon - Basic Black, black gingham ribbon, blender pens, white gel pen
All products by Stampin' Up!®